Family Law
Family Law
Family Solution Experts
Home > Services > Family Law

Family Law


It is an unfortunate fact of life that not all marriages are successful.  When a relationship breaks down it is not unusual for one or both parties to seek to dissolve the marriage or to obtain a formal decree of judicial separation.

If you are married and want to permanently end your marriage, you should apply for a divorce. If you are in a civil partnership and want to permanently end your civil partnership, you should apply for a dissolution. Both divorce and dissolution are ways to end a legally binding relationship.

A decree of judicial separation is a Court Order, however, legally separated couples will still be married. In judicial separation cases the Court has the same range of powers as it does in divorce cases in terms of dividing assets of the marriage and arranging child/ren custody and maintenance.  The main difference being that unlike divorce or dissolution where a Pension Sharing Order can be made, a Court may only be able to make an Order to offset or make a Pension Attachment Order. If there are children under 18 then the Court must be satisfied that proper arrangements are being made for their welfare.

A fair division of the family assets, including the matrimonial home, must be worked out.  In the majority of cases this is achieved by negotiation between Solicitors and agreement between the parties.  At E J Moyle LLP, Solicitors, we emphasise negotiation and agreement rather than conflict and confrontation in the application of the principles of matrimonial law to the special circumstances of each individual case.

We can also advise you in relation to a range of family matters, such as, family protection, domestic violence, injunctions, wardships, adoption, contact and childcare protection proceedings.

    Family Law Enquiry

    Your Title

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)

    Your Address including postcode

    Telephone Numbers




    How can we help you? Please outline the service you require.

    Please help us to fight spam by answering the question below:

    Our firm is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority for the provision of legal services in England and Wales and is governed by the Solicitors Code of Conduct 2007 particulars of which can be accessed at

    We also comply with the Provision of Service Regulations 2009. The required details of our Professional Indemnity Insurance are available upon request at either of our offices.
    EJ Moyle LLP SRA ID: 611603